Eastern Shore Blend
$25.00 – $190.00
Our newest crab cake blend- and dare we say most delicious- is inspired by old recipes from the Eastern Shore. This specialty mix consists of ALL of the meat from the blue crab- lump, backfin, and claw! The sweetness of the claw in harmony with Jimmy’s signature spices and ingredients makes this a delicacy that’s here to stay.
For how to cook it the Famous Way:
Check out how to cook our crab cakes video.
Crab Cakes Video
Baked or Broiled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape to ensure the crab cakes do not fall apart while cooking(after all, there isn't much filler)
- Place your crab cakes in a shallow baking pan
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over crab cakes.
- Pour 2oz of water into the pan
- Place the crab cakes in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Ovens vary.
- Dust with old bay seasoning
Smaller crab balls bake in 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat fryer to 325°
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape. The crab cakes should be as cold as possible.
- Fry crab cakes until golden brown or longer if you like them crunchy.
- Check internal temperature to be at least 140°. If it's not, place in a 350° oven for 5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.