Eastern Shore Box
We’ve all been there- the long nights of tossing and turning, just aching for the taste of Eastern Shore seafood. We know that nothing compares, and you feel as though you can’t go on any longer! The pain has become almost unbearable! Well… okay. A bit dramatic. But at Jimmy’s, we’ve hand-selected what we think embodies all great things Eastern Shore, and placed them in a box just for you or someone you love! That means you’ll get:
- Not 1, but 2 of our world-class 6 oz Eastern Shore Blend Crab Cakes
- 2 Jumbo Whale Soft Crabs
- Traditional Oyster Rockefeller
- Your choice of our decadent Smith Island Cake (Available in Classic, Double Chocolate, and our signature Old Bay Buttercream)
Crab Cakes Video
Baked or Broiled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape to ensure the crab cakes do not fall apart while cooking(after all, there isn’t much filler)
- Place your crab cakes in a shallow baking pan
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over crab cakes.
- Pour 2oz of water into the pan
- Place the crab cakes in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Ovens vary.
- Dust with old bay seasoning
Smaller crab balls bake in 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat fryer to 325°
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape. The crab cakes should be as cold as possible.
- Fry crab cakes until golden brown or longer if you like them crunchy.
- Check internal temperature to be at least 140°. If it’s not, place in a 350° oven for 5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Lightly dust the soft crabs in seasoned flour (preferably with Old Bay) to coat on both sides.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add a little butter and swirl the skillet to melt it.
- Add the crabs top side down and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- With tongs, flip the crabs and cook until red and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads about 145°
- Transfer crabs to a large paper-towel-lined plate to drain briefly. Plate and serve with lemons!
- Place oysters on baking sheet and preheat your oven to 425°.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.