Diners Drive-Ins and Dives Box
Try everything Guy did!
- 2 Colossal Crab Cakes 8oz
- 1 order of Crab Cake Egg Rolls (two egg rolls total)
- 2 Soft Crabs Jumbo (raw, ready to fry)
- Half and Half Soup Pint – (half pint Maryland crab and half pint cream of crab)
- 6 Jimmys Oysters – topped with Oyster Rockefeller and crab imperial (Ships raw, ready to bake)
Add Guy Funko Pop to your collection! (While supplies last)
Crab Cakes Video
Baked or Broiled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape to ensure the crab cakes do not fall apart while cooking(after all, there isn’t much filler)
- Place your crab cakes in a shallow baking pan
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over crab cakes.
- Pour 2oz of water into the pan
- Place the crab cakes in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Ovens vary.
- Dust with old bay seasoning
Smaller crab balls bake in 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat fryer to 325°
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape. The crab cakes should be as cold as possible.
- Fry crab cakes until golden brown or longer if you like them crunchy.
- Check internal temperature to be at least 140°. If it’s not, place in a 350° oven for 5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Transfer into a stove pot
- Heat to at least 145° stirring constantly (especially cream of crab!)
- Combine both soups with equal parts Maryland Crab and Cream of Crab
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Transfer egg rolls onto a baking sheet
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 5-8 minutes
- Garnish with oriental slaw (included)
- Serve with mango ponzu sauce and spicy mayo (included)
- Lightly dust the soft crabs in seasoned flour (preferably with Old Bay) to coat on both sides.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add a little butter and swirl the skillet to melt it.
- Add the crabs top side down and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- With tongs, flip the crabs and cook until red and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads about 145°
- Transfer crabs to a large paper-towel-lined plate to drain briefly. Plate and serve with lemons!
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place the oysters on a baking pan.
- Bake the oysters for 15 minutes.
- Remove the oysters and place a tablespoon of imperial glaze on each oyster.
- Bake again until the imperial glaze has brown spots (about 4-5 minutes)
- Plate and serve!