- 6 Medium/Large Crabs
- 2 8oz Crab Cakes
- Bowl Maryland Crab Soup
- Bowl Cream of Crab
- Crab Dip
Crab Cakes Video
Baked or Broiled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape to ensure the crab cakes do not fall apart while cooking(after all, there isn’t much filler)
- Place your crab cakes in a shallow baking pan
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over crab cakes.
- Pour 2oz of water into the pan
- Place the crab cakes in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Ovens vary.
- Dust with old bay seasoning
Smaller crab balls bake in 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat fryer to 325°
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape. The crab cakes should be as cold as possible.
- Fry crab cakes until golden brown or longer if you like them crunchy.
- Check internal temperature to be at least 140°. If it’s not, place in a 350° oven for 5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Transfer into a stove pot
- Heat to at least 145° stirring constantly (especially cream of crab!)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Transfer the crab dip into an oven safe dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Dip your favorite foods, or pour onto anything you’d like!
- Bring your pot to a steam. Use a rack to keep the crabs above water level. Feel free to put a little beer and vinegar</span in the water as well as some extra seasoning!
- Reheat 5-7 minutes.
- If microwaving crabs, cover with a wet towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- For either method, test a claw to check if the meat is hot, but be careful not to dry them out!