Frozen Colossal Lump Maryland Crab Cakes
$32.00 – $120.00
With our Colossal Lump Crab Cakes, exceptional size meets exceptional quality with flavor profiles beyond anything you’ve ever tasted! Large-scale white meat prepared with our signature mix of ingredients and spices for a memorable dining experience.
Jimmy’s is proud to introduce our highly anticipated investment in the brand new, exceptionally advanced Flash Freezing Technology! We’ve kicked standard frozen foods to the curb, because we take pride in always providing freshness first.
Check out our how to cook our crab cakes video.
So what does this mean for you?
Convenience + Taste
The flash freezing process allows for a higher quality defrost time. Let the product slack in the fridge for a few hours while you go about your day, and trust us- that crab cake will taste as fresh as if you just ate right here with us at Jimmy’s! Traditional freezing compromises that signature taste you love, which was something we weren’t willing to accept!
How It Works
The molecules in each product begin to crystallize rapidly during the flash freezing process, instead of traditionally slowly and in between all those essential nutrients and fibers. Rather than sitting for hours gradually becoming cold, this technology allows each product to retain its original nutrients and taste profile! It also prevents moisture from making its way into the packaging, even during the shipping process! So when thawed out again, you can now enjoy a delicious, fresh crab cake, minus what would have traditionally included a puddle of water in the package.
Why Choose Flash Frozen
As much as we’d love to see all of your faces everyday, we know that a large majority of our loyal customers live in other states! To our friends in hotter climates, we understand the frustration with ordering fresh crab cakes, but the climate had caused the product to sweat and lose its true flavor. Flash freezing solves this problem! Never worry about the heat compromising your product again, so now you can enjoy Jimmy’s from the comfort of your own home. We call this a win-win situation!
Our new, state-of-the-art Flash Freezing Technology is available for your order today! Only at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood.
Crab Cakes Video
Baked or Broiled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape to ensure the crab cakes do not fall apart while cooking(after all, there isn't much filler)
- Place your crab cakes in a shallow baking pan
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over crab cakes.
- Pour 2oz of water into the pan
- Place the crab cakes in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Ovens vary.
- Dust with old bay seasoning
Smaller crab balls bake in 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat fryer to 325°
- Reform your crab cakes into a ball or patty shape. The crab cakes should be as cold as possible.
- Fry crab cakes until golden brown or longer if you like them crunchy.
- Check internal temperature to be at least 140°. If it's not, place in a 350° oven for 5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.